The Rewrite Stuff:12 Ways to a Stronger Series
Creative Europe Desk MEDIA Office Galway with the support of the BAI Sectoral Learning and Development Fund will host a 4-day intensive project based TV Drama Writing workshop in Galway from 2-5 May 2022.
The workshop will use one of the final topics of the previous workshop – '12 Ways to a Stronger Series' – as a framework to focus on twelve key areas of series design through project work. A series of individual meetings to define the aims of the rewrite will be held at the end of the workshop. See the Workshop Programme for more details.
8-10 Projects will be selected with the aim of giving each project a complete makeover. Applicants must have participated in one of Screenplay Unlimited's previous workshops or be prepared to do so online before the Rewrite Workshop. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information or contact MEDIA Office Galway if you have any questions.
The Workshop is offered free of charge with the support of the BAI Sectoral Learning and Development Fund.
Application Deadline: 16th March.
Eleven TV drama projects have been selected for the Workshop with the aim of giving each project a complete makeover through an intensive process that tackles both the story design and how to best pitch it and sell it. The selected projects are:
- The Vicious Circle- Graeme
- The Brink - Seán Keeley
- Home - Deborah Ní Ghibne & Jac Keady
- Burgess G.D - Billy McGrath
- Killfluencers - Denise Deegan & Fiona Tuhoy
- Coole - Micheál & Seán T. Ó Meallaigh
- Trace - Martha O'Neill & Miriam Devitt
- Cubs - Daniel Butler & Mike Heneghan
- Dead on the Money - Laura Canavan-Hayes
- Mapping Keira - Siobhán Ní Ghadhra & Niamh O'Connor
- A Tale of Two Wolves - Molly O' Driscoll