European Film Festivals
4pm Irish time
Support for European film festivals aims to increase audience interest in non-national European audiovisual content and promoting its circulation and visibility.
- Publish Date
- We're here to help
- Support festivals screening a significant proportion of non-national European films and audiovisual works.
- Increase the impact of European audio-visual festivals aiming to reinforce promotion, distribution and circulation of non-national European films and audiovisual works to growing audiences across Europe.
- Develop innovative actions especially in the areas of audience outreach and online activities.
- Only applications from eligible entities organising audiovisual festivals in countries participating in the MEDIA strand will be accepted.
- Eligible audiovisual festivals are those:
- having a clear curation, regulation and selection procedure and screening to the general public as well as accredited international audiovisual professionals and press;
- 50% of the programming for which support is sought should be devoted to non-national European films and audiovisual works from countries participating to the MEDIA strand and presenting a geographical diverse coverage of at least 15 from these countries including low capacity ones;
- having had at least three editions that took place by end of December 2022.
- European festivals programming a significant proportion of non-national European audiovisual works, aiming at year-long activities targeted to expand and renew audiences and implementing innovative audience outreach activities as well as initiatives for young audiences.
- Applications should present adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
- Applications should present activities to be implemented over 2 years.
- The following events are not eligible: festivals programming exclusively works such as commercials, live-broadcast events, TV series, music videos, video games, amateur films, mobile phone films, trailers and non-narrative artistic works. Thematic Festivals such as cultural events or art/technology/science-related events, as well as highly specialized festivals dealing with specific topics (for example: tourism, sport, gastronomy, fashion, health etc.) are not eligible.
- Maximum grant amount - €19,000 to €150,000 per project depending on the number of European films per festival edition and programming. (See grid in Call document).
- The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- Read the full call document to check eligibility and requirements.
- Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- You can see further information on how to apply.