New Cross Sector Calls for 2024
New 2024 Cross sector calls have been published, and will open for applications from 26th October, 2023.
The Cross Sector strand supports the news media sector, media literacy, and innovation. Cross Sector funding aims to reinforce collaboration between different cultural and creative sectors (CCS) in order to help them address the common challenges they face and find innovative solutions.
The priorities are to:
- Support cross sectoral transnational policy cooperation, promoting the visibility of the programme and support the transferability of results
- Encourage innovative approaches to content creation, access, distribution, and promotion across CCS and with other sectors
- Support adjustments to the structural and technological changes faced by the news media
- Support the establishment and activities of the Creative Europe Desks
CROSS SECTOR CALL DEADLINES
- News Journalism Partnerships - Collaborations | 14th February 2024
- News Journalism Partnerships - Pluralism | 14th February 2024
- News Media Literacy Call | 4th March 2024
- Creative Innovation Lab | 26 April 2024
Journalism Partnerships Webinar, 6th December
The EACEA will host an online info session on Journalism Partnerships Call on Wednesday 6th December 2023. More information, including the exact time, will be made available soon on this this EU page. Join the session from the embedded link or re-watch the recording later. No registration needed.
The call for proposals for Journalism Partnerships aims for large two-year projects, with projects expected to start towards the end of 2024. It has two distinct topics; applicants need to choose which of the topics they apply to.
- Collaboration, for cross-border, collaborative proposals between news media organisations focusing on innovative business models and/or journalistic projects across Europe.
- Pluralism, for organisations/intermediaries that provide grants to news media in areas of especial relevance to democracy (such as local/regional media, independent and investigative journalism, and public interest news).
- Interested in more EU support for the news media sector?
- This information sheet gives an overview of all EU grants to news media, including Journalism Partnerships.
- This page details all the EU funding opportunities for the news media sector.
Please do contact us if you would like to get advice on any of these calls.