Circulation of European literary works
4:00pm Irish time
This action will support projects that will translate, publish, distribute and promote works of fiction.
Projects should address the following objectives:
- strengthening the transnational circulation and diversity of European literary works.
- reaching new audiences for European literary works in the EU and beyond.
- strengthening the competitiveness of the book sector by encouraging cooperation within the book value chain.
- Applications by single applicants and proposals submitted by a consortium are allowed.
- A consortium must be of at least 2 applicants (beneficiaries; not affiliated entities).
- Translation, publication, promotion and distribution of literary works of fiction as well as activities to help the sales of translation rights in Europe and beyond.
- Particular attention should be paid to gender balance, inclusion, and diversity.
- Special attention will be paid to projects referring to the European Year of Youth 2022 and projects that actively engage with young people, from creation to reading, promotion and distribution.
Project budget maximum grant amounts:
- Small scale: translation of at least 5 books can request up to €100,000.
- Medium scale: translation of at least 11 books can request up to €200,000.
- Large scale: translation of at least 21 books can request up to €300,000.
- The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- Read the full call document to check eligibility and requirements.
- Applications for all Creative Europe calls will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- Detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- Further information on how to apply.