MEDIA Training Opportunities November 2023
Looking to continue your professional development in 2024? Here is a selection of European training programmes funded by MEDIA that have upcoming deadlines or that can be accessed online at anytime.
Search for training programmes on the Creative Europe MEDIA Training Guide website. The site provides information on training and mentoring courses which are currently receiving support from Creative Europe MEDIA. Search by level, country, sector and more.
In Ireland, you can apply for a Screen Ireland Training Bursary if you plan to participate in international or online international skills development programmes, workshops, or a structured work programmes that will assist your professional development.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter (the form is at the bottom of this page) to get monthly updates on MEDIA supported training opportunities.
ACE Animation special will be held in Dingle from 18th to 24th March, 2024. The workshop is organised thanks to Creative Europe MEDIA, the Netherlands Film Fund, in close collaboration with Screen Ireland, Animation Ireland and Animation Dingle.
This workshop is for experienced producers who want to diversify their activities to include, and/or deepen their knowledge of developing and producing long-form/feature film animation production for an international audience in cinema, broadcast or streaming.
16 to 18 producers will be selected for the workshop, preferably with a long-form/feature-length animation project at concept stage. Focusing primarily on the creative and financial aspects of feature and long-form animation production, the ACE Animation Special will offer sessions on animatic story development, international production workflows, the creative dynamics of animation production, financing strategies and international distribution. The workshop will also include one or more sessions on physical line production as well as case studies on completed animation projects. Group sessions, plenary sessions and one-to-one meetings will together build a workshop where producers learn from each other’s experiences and those of key industry guests.
- 28th November 2023
- Up to 18 places available.
- For more information, cost, and to request an application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ComedyLab from Torino Film Lab is a unique club that brings together talented writers and comedians to explore the comedy potential of feature film projects, working directly on script development.
After a two-day preliminary workshop, up to 4 projects will be selected with the potential for international success along with a group of writers and comedians without projects. The ComedyLab aims to connect the film industry and the comedy world encompassing everything from stand-up comedy or podcasts, theatre and improvisation. They welcome international scriptwriters and comedians - both can apply with or without a project to work on.
The Lab, running from March until November 2024, will feature 3 residential workshops, a few online sessions in between and a final presentation of the projects during the TFL Meeting Event.
- Apply here by 20th December 2023, 10am Irish time (11 am CET).
- Participation in the preliminary workshop is free of charge; participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses during the workshop. TorinoFilmLab will provide complimentary lunches and espressos.
- Participants chosen after the preliminary workshop will be required to cover the following course participation fees:
- For participants without a project, the fee is €500.
- The fee for participants with project is €3,000. This allows the participation of up to two individuals. The project representative must be either a writer or a comedian, while the second member can be another writer or comedian, a director, or a producer. If a third person wishes to join the team, there is an additional fee of €1,500.
In this EPI course, three experienced TV & film industry professionals share their expertise. They explain how to prepare, carry out and follow up a pitch to give you an idea of what a perfect pitch looks like and what it takes to convince the right people of your idea.
- The Essential Elements of Pitching
- The Different Ways to Pitch
- Cultural Characteristics
- Dos & Don'ts
- How to Pitch for a Streamer
- Case Study: THE BARBARIANS
- anytime | access for 6 months. Book here.
- Format: Online Course | 14 chapters | 48 videos | 5-7 h learning time
- Language: English
- Participation Fee: €250