The Wideshot Development Programme by Gorm Media
Creative Europe Desk Ireland was delighted to attend the launch of Gorm Media's new initiative, The Wideshot. This is a development programme for young people from underrepresented, low income and ethnic minorities in Ireland who are interested in creative media.
The Wideshot Programme by Gorm Media is a series of workshops, education, training and events on digital storytelling, creative-media and multimedia skills for young people aged 18-30 in Ireland. Aimed at youth from under-represented, low income and ethnic minorities, this new programme aims to connect young people and recent graduates interested in creative media with established Film & TV practitioners and creative media professionals in Ireland by way of interactive workshops throughout the year.
The Wideshot Programme modules include:
- 6 months of outreach workshops to build awareness of the creative media sector in underrepresented communities.
- A week long intensive programme for 9 selected young people (inclusive of travel, accommodation, food & a stipend).
- Creation of digital shorts rooted in SDGs and personal stories.
- Mentors, advisors and coaches will help participants bring their projects to the next level.
Outreach workshops (Jan -June 2023)
Gorm Media will facilitate interactive workshops with the following charity partners:
- Young people of African Backgrounds | Charity Partner: Africa Centre
- Young Travellers | Charity Partner: Irish Traveller Movement
- Young Refugees | Charity Partner: Doras Luimni, Limerick; Glencree Peace and Reconciliation Centre, Glencree)
- Young Muslim Girls | Charity Partner: AMAL Women’s Association.
Summer Accelerator, July 2023
The Wideshot Summer Accelerator in July 2023 will include talks, training, interactive workshops and mentorship for the selected young people. In this summer session, using professional equipment, the participants will create a creative multimedia piece aligned to their story, or an SDG goal of their choice, which for most would be the first addition to their professional portfolio.
Creative Europe Desk Ireland was delighted to support The Wideshot progamme launch and networking event. We wish them all the best in this wonderful new initiative to support the development of new and more diverse talent in Ireland!