European Film Sales
4pm Irish time
European Sales Agent funding supports the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to European sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of recent non-national European films.
- Dáta Foilsiúcháin
- Is féidir linn cabhrú leat
- Supports international sales and circulation of non-national European works on all platforms such as cinemas and online platforms targeting small and large-sized productions through coordinated distribution strategies covering several countries
- Encourages the use of subtitling, dubbing and where applicable, audio description tools.
- Encourages the wider transnational distribution of recent European films by providing funds to European sales agents, based upon their performance on the market, for further reinvestment in the acquisition, promotion and distribution (including online) of recent non-national European films.
- In order to be eligible, the applicants, beneficiaries and affiliated entities must be be legal entities (public or private bodies) established in one of the eligible Creative Europe Participating Countries and be established in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA strand of the Creative Europe Programme and owned directly or indirectly, wholly or by majority participation, by nationals from such countries.
- European Sales Agents - that is a European company, acting as an intermediary agent for the producer, who specialises in the commercial exploitation of a film by marketing and licensing a film to distributors or other purchasers for foreign countries.
- Be appointed as sales agent by the producer of each film declared or supported by way of a written contract or agreement to sell the film in at least 10 countries participating in the MEDIA strand.
There are two phases for the funded activities:
- The generation of a potential fund which will be attributed according to the performance of the company on the European market.
- The implementation of the action: the potential fund thus generated by each company must be reinvested in
minimum guarantees or advances paid for the international sales rights on eligible non-national European films; and the promotion, marketing and advertising on the market of eligible non-national European films.
- Funding will support Improvement in the trans-national distribution of recent non-national European films; increase in the investment in the production, acquisition, promotion, theatrical and online distribution of non-national European films; development of links between the production and distribution sector thus improving the competitive position of non-national European films.
The total available call budget is €5,500,000 million.
- Project budget (maximum grant amount): €750,000 per project. The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
- Download the full call document to check eligibility, requirements and funding.
- Applications for this call will be processed through the European Commission's Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal (F&TP).
- There is detailed information on how to access the F&T Portal.
- You can see further information on how to apply.